Sara graduated from the 5th grade this spring. We are now onto middle school! We are so proud of Sara and the wonderful year that she had. I have to brag about all of the awards that she received at her graduation. She got the President's Education Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement for the year, The Assistant Principal's Honor Roll for the last 4 weeks (all A's & B's), a Certificate of Participation in the County Arts Festival (Her art piece was chosen to display at the art festival for the county. One boy and one girl from each grade were chosen), Awesome Kid Award (super duper kid and a joy to have in class! One boy and one girl got this award from each class), Ravenous Reader Award for the 4th 9 weeks and The Ravenous Reader Award for the whole year (They have to read so many books and take a test on what they read, what score they get on the test is how many AR points they get. She achieved the goal! I was surprised at how few kids actually got this award. She loves to read and we usually have to tell her to put her book away and turn her light off at night so she can get some sleep. She just finished the whole Harry Potter series. Any suggestions on another series that she can start?)
Sara with her friends in her class. This is a VERY rare moment that you will ever see Sara wearing pink.
Sara with her friends in her class. This is a VERY rare moment that you will ever see Sara wearing pink.
We also had Jacob's Pre-K graduation. I did not get very good pictures of the graduation, but here's some after pictures. He had a wonderful year and learned so much! Now, we are onto Kindergarten. He's excited to go to the big school with his sisters.



7 comments:
Wow! Middle school already! Time flies so fast. I haven't read the series but, I have heard good things about the Fablehaven . I'm not sure even what it is about but, I know they sell the series at most book stores including the LDS book stores. I think it is a fantasy type book.
Good job Sara! Yes I know middle school will be a challenge. I will have two there this coming year! We miss you guys!
Fun!! I can't believe Sara is old enough to be in middle school. I love Jacob's pictures! These kids have to STOP it already with the growing up.
Yea for Sara! I have some friends that are avid book readers..I'll ask to see what they suggest and then pass along the info.
Glad to see you guys are doing well.
Way to go Sara! What a awesome little girl. I started getting into Nancy Drew's about that age. And I also recommend the LDS book store, they have lots of good series. I also read the babysitters club...do they even print these anymore?
Congrats Jacob!
I can't believe your kids are so old, does that mean I am old too. I remember when you guys moved in with your little twins and Sara was like 6...time flies too fast!!
I loved reading the 'little house on the prairie' books AND any of the Ronald Dahl books like James & the Giant Peach, BFG and The Witches
Post a Comment